By signing the initial consultation form, you are giving your consent for me to hold your personal information. The information which you supply on the form will be held together with follow up notes. I hold your information to give you the best possible service and for insurance purposes.
Storing Your Information
Client record paper files are stored in a locked box. Only your contact details are held on my laptop and Android phone address books – for contact purposes only.
Retaining Your Information
You have the right to ask me to anonymise your records at any time if you wish to terminate our working relationship. I am required by law to retain adult records for eight years following our last date of contact and will destroy them with a shredder after that date.
Accessing Your Information
Your records are accessed by myself, either for clinical or marketing purposes. You have the right to request a copy of your records at any time.
Sharing Your Information
Your information will be kept strictly confidential unless there are legal grounds for me to disclose to a third party, or in agreement with you, to refer you to another therapist.
When you give consent to e-mail marketing, you can unsubscribe at any time, either through the ‘Unsubscribe’ button on the email or by emailing direct to email@example.com. Mail Chimp is used as the mailing list platform. Mail Chimp is GDPR compliant.
Complaints about Data
I am registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). If, for any reason, you are not happy with how your data is handled, please speak to me first so that we can seek to resolve your concern. If you are still not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
How To Book
Please call 07721 422 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a booking. Prior to the appointment, payment can be made remotely by bank transfer or I can e-mail you an invoice from which you can pay the invoice directly by card by clicking on "Pay this invoice". Payment can also be made at the session by contactless card payment.
General Massage Guidelines
1. If you have a cold, flu, sore throat, stomach virus, poison ivy, skin rash, or any other contagious condition, please reschedule your appointment.
2. You must be present and not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
3. You must provide a health history and related health update, as deemed necessary.
4. Please be aware, as a massage therapist, I am not qualified to diagnose or treat any medical condition. I strongly recommend that anyone who suffers an illness or injury consults their GP in the first instance.
5. Sexual harassment is not tolerated, and the session will be terminated if this occurs or if the practitioner’s safety is compromised in any way. Sexual harassment is defined as any behaviour that is intended to or has the effect of offending.
Cancellations and Arriving Late
If you cancel or reschedule with less than 24 hours notice, I charge a 50% cancellation fee.
If you arrive late, unfortunately, I cannot extend your session but whatever remaining time is left of your session will be offered to you. You will however be charged for the full session.
See 'COVID-19' page for additional terms and conditions relating to massage in a COVID-secure environment.